ERCU is a registered charity and is therefore able to reclaim income tax that its members have paid on part of their subscriptions. To enable us to do this please complete the following gift aid declaration.

Gift Aid Declaration

I am a UK taxpayer and would like Edinburgh Royal Choral Union to treat all qualifying subscriptions (see note 1 below) and any other donations I have made to ERCU in the last four years, and that I make hereafter, as Gift Aid donations. I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.

Note 1: According to HMRC rules the subscriptions paid to a musical society are only partially eligible for gift aid. The qualifying component of the annual subscription is to be determined by subtracting from the full subscription a sum that reflects the cost of the tuition which, in the opinion of the society's directors, members receive in the course of the session. The qualifying component set by the directors for any given tax year can be found on the ERCU website in the Members Handbook.

Note 2: If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Note 3: Please notify ERCU if you:

  • - Want to cancel this declaration
  • - Change your name or home address
  • - No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

To submit this form please click on the button: